More on Hydroxycut
Manufacturers of the weight loss supplement hydroxycut claimed that its regular intake can help you lose weight fast. This diet supplement was approved by the FDA. Caffeine, garcinia cambogia, gymnema sylvestre, chromium polynicotinate, green tea, calcium, and potassium are the main ingredients of these pills. The pills help curb your appetite and also help boost the rate of metabolism. Thus, they help increase your energy levels, and promote weight loss as you feel less hungry. Some people experienced quick weight loss after consumption of hydroxycut, but others have experienced mild to severe side effects too.
Manufacturers state that you need to exercise regularly if you want to take hydroxycut. To get the best results and to experience the fastest weight loss, you also need to follow a low fat, low sugar diet. This helps hydroxycut work best. The manufacturers claim that by taking hydroxycut, you can lose over 4 times the weight than you normally would, with just normal dieting and exercising. They also offer a full 90-day money back guarantee. Hydroxycut is available in various forms. There are specially designed forms of hydroxycut for men, women, and caffeine-sensitive people. But the hydroxycut side effects for men and women cannot be overlooked, can they!. The following are some of the main side effects of this nutritional supplement.
Various Side Effects of Hydroxycut
- Headaches: Hydroxycut is said to cause headaches on the first few days of consumption. Consumption of hydroxycut also leads to high blood pressure, and this might be the reason for such headaches.
- Feeling Restless: People have even complained about restlessness. Hydroxycut is a nutritional supplement with caffeine as one of its main ingredients. Caffeine increases a person’s energy, which might be a good thing during the daytime, but during the nights, it can cause insomnia, as a person might not be able to sleep due to caffeine’s stimulant properties.
- Feeling of Nervousness: There have been reports of people feeling nervous and anxious after taking hydroxycut. It is again believed that caffeine could be the cause for this abnormal condition.
- Cardiac Disorders: Some consumers of hydroxycut have also complained about serious heart-related problems. A substance called ephedra was considered responsible for these disorders. It is these disorders that have led to a ban on the use of ephedra in hydroxycut. These heart-related problems included a rise in the heartbeat, and sometimes also missing heartbeats. Other problems reported were high blood pressure, while in some cases, even low blood pressure was reported.
- Liver Damage and Failure: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also received around 23 cases wherein consumers have reported serious problems such as damage to the liver, as well as some have reported liver failure. Liver problems further cause diseases such as jaundice, stomach ache, and overall weakness.
- Other Hydroxycut Risks: Other than the above mentioned side effects, there are some more hydroxycut side effects that affect a person’s regular life, causing problems such as a bleeding nose, excessive sweating, and dizziness. Sexual problems such erectile dysfunction have also been reported by users of hydroxycut.
Taking due consideration of these shocking reports, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), on May 1, 2009, issued a warning to all the consumers to stop purchasing and consuming hydroxycut. The manufacturer Iovate Health Sciences Inc. voluntarily and immediately recalled all the controversial hydroxycut products from the market.
Everyone wants to be healthy and fit, but it also necessary to be careful about the medicine or supplements that are used for treatment and prevention purposes. Before opting for any medicine, supplement or treatment, it is necessary to obtain information about the benefits, costs, and the most crucial thing – the side effects of that product. It is always better to consult your family physician and get a proper diet plan and weight loss supplements prescribed. Regular aerobic exercises coupled with weight training and a proper balanced diet would slowly but surely give positive results, and they are a safer option than to take shortcuts through nutritional supplements, which may have serious side effects and health hazards.